Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wednesday. Like Friday, only sooner

There has been a slight revision to the slightly revised previous plan. Mandy's chemo remains count sensitive, but the new magic ANC number is 750, instead of 1000. And the go in on Friday and hope to make counts to get chemo plan has been revised to go in tomorrow, hope to make counts and get chemo. Pay attention, y'all. There will be a quiz later.

In other news, Ronnie and I went on a date to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday night. We went to the Columbia, one of my very favorite places in the world! We ordered Sangria while we waited for our table. We drank our Sangria while watching a couple of blonde teenage girls in homecoming attire try to take their fight over some cocky looking brunette, surfer haired boy outside. Ahhhhhh, young love.

Our table was ready, we ordered salad and our entrees. They have THE.BEST.SALAD.IN.THE.WORLD. I'm telling you, I would crush it into a powder and snort it if I could. I am happily munching away on my salad. We are talking about God knows what...just having fun together.

And then

IT HAPPENS.

The lights go out.

I am not talking in some figurative sense. I am not talking about the fighting, scantily clad, blonde girls punching each others lights out. Nope, folks, there was no power.

There is a collective gasp from the crowd, that always follows a power outage. Something about the lights going out unexpectedly that makes us all kindergartners again and do the big GASP, sometimes followed by a few six-year-old-esque screams.

Me? I look at my husband. Well, okay, I look in the dark to my right, where I believe he was a minute ago, cause I can't see jack squat now, sigh deeply and say, "REALLY? Are you freaking kidding me? AGAIN WITH THE LIGHTS?"

Not unlike our fellow restaurant goers, we revert to kindergarten as well, but in fits of laughter. Hysterical, donkey snorting, Sangria out the nose (which kinda burns, by the way), mascara running down my face laughter.

Why?

Well, 'cause last year? On our anniversary? We went to a really swanky Italian joint. Ordered a bottle of wine and some lobster bisque. And, two bites in, I kid you not, the power went out. Never to return. We left after finishing off the bottle of wine and some tepid bisque and got Chinese.

This time at least we got tepid entrees. And a complimentary flan.

I hate flan. I would have been more excited if they had just brought me another salad for dessert. Or more Sangria. Love the salad. Totally LOVE the Sangria. Hate the flan.


Love to all~

2 comments:

Jennifer Lehmann said...

Its exam week...no more quizzes, please! I already have 5...and I'm only IN 4 classes.

What a bummer about your anniversary! That sounds like something that would happen to me. :)

Jennifer said...

LOL!!! Sounds like the outage didn't so much make for mood lighting, huh? Ahhhh...good times!