About four years ago, Mandy was diagnosed with suspected Malignant Hyperthermia She spiked a fever of 106.3(no, those numbers are not transposed, really 106.3) post anesthesia. Malignant Hyperthermia is a usually fatal condition that is a response to inhalant anesthesia. We were lucky. She was brought through the crisis unscathed. Extra precautions have been in place ever since when she is under anesthesia.
So, when she already has a fever(around 101 again this morning), putting her under anesthesia, even when we know that the drug we are using is okay, is a less than stellar idea. So, scans have been postponed until Monday morning. That way we can figure out what is going on with the fever etc in the next couple of days.
We are headed up to clinic this afternoon to do her counts again and see where things stand.
Alannah has been home from school for the last three days with some funk. Probably the same funk that Mandy has. So, she is going to the pediatrician this morning to rule out strep, mono, bubonic plague, whatever.
I have talked to 4 different doctors numerous times so far and it is only 9 am. I gotta say, this Friday is so not feeling all TGIF to me so far.
Will update later. Thanks for checking in on her.
Love to all~
UPDATED TO ADD
Alannah has neither the flu nor strep nor mono. She has some funky virus that had her sleeping all through the day and running a low grade fever.
Mandy went back up to clinic this afternoon. We redid counts ANC was 1480(down dramatically from last night's 5100), Platelets 150(last night was 137) and got another dose of antibiotics. I am supposed to page the on call oncologist tomorrow if she still has a fever. Her fever has been running between 100-101 all day.