Monday, September 15, 2008

101 Reasons/Excuses why I have been MIA

I haven't been posting much lately. No need to panic. All is fine, so I thought I would offer up my little laundry list of excuses, um, I mean reasons why I have been slacking. So, here goes...

My Grandma is one of the best human beings I know. Truly. She is the one person in the world who honestly believes I can do no wrong. She is oh-so-sadly wrong in this belief, but, everyone needs someone who believes in them the way she believes in me. My grandma has been here visiting for the last week or so and it has been lovely. She has stocked my freezer with enough Made-With-Love comfort-Grandma-food to feed a small nation. Anyone want to come over for dinner and share some of the very best beef brisket on the planet?! Thanks, Grandma for ALWAYS having my back. I love you to the ends of the earth and am thankful for you every single day of my life.

The Cure Kids Cancer Challenge was on Saturday. It was a day fraught with a million different emotions. It is amazing that one singular event can be heartbreaking and uplifting all at the same time. So many moms and dads and sibling there missing a part of their family, with a heartbreak so deep it can never be healed. So many kids fighting with everything they have and still smiling and laughing and finding joy in every moment.






It was an amazing event. Thanks to all of you who donated. Thanks to all of you who came out and walked. Zachary and Mandy's school had two teams worth of teacher's who came out. What an amazing thing to see all those faces out there supporting these kids.

Ok, let's be honest ... am I nervous about the new protocol? Yup. Have I been in a bit of a funk about it? Uh huh. Am I scared about the upcoming scans? You betcha. Am I hopeful and believing with all my might that everything will be okay? Yes, I am. Have I not been posting partially due to my aforementioned funk? Probably.

Moving on. Actual conversations with actual Willis children:

Zachary has a cold. The whining is enough to peel the paint. The boy child, though h so cute and crazy goodhearted and sweet, is a wimp. However, he is also prone to strep. So when the whining takes the track of, "My throat hurts." it generally buys him an extra long Qtip down the throat in the name of a strep test. So today at the Doctor's office when questioned as to the source of his illness. He says, "I think I am really sick because normally when I don't feel good my nose is hot. Today it is cold and that just can't be good." So apparently, my son, is a dog. Go figure.

Mandy: "If I have a cookie and a chocolate shake for lunch does that mean I can still have Cool Ranch Doritos for dessert?" Ahhh, the force is strong with that one, my friends.

Alannah, in the car, after her church group meeting tonight, was obviously worried. When she worries, she's usually worried about her little sister. She opened the door a crack, and because that is just the kind of mom I am, I kicked that sucker down and then strolled on through.

We talked about some of her worries and some of her anger about Mandy not being able do some of the things she wants to do and completely unprompted, she says, "Momma, I want you to know how much I admire you for how hard you work to make sure Zachary and I know that we are still just as important. I know sometimes her needs take priority in the moment, but you make sure we know that we are just as important. Thank you."

Speechless. I was speechless.

Love to all~

No comments: