Wednesday, May 21, 2008

She knows what I don't need

I am back from Orlando and Jerry's funeral service. It was a lovely service and I am glad I was included in such a beautiful family. He was a very loved man and that was abundantly obvious today.

I ended up not taking the kids with me, which turned out to be good thing. Zachary and Mandy were hanging out with my good friend, Kelly and her kids. They made hats, which Kelly got in anticipation of Mandy wanting/needing an alternative to hair as a head covering. :-) They had fun and played and swam all day. When I came to pick them up, Kelly asks, 'Do you have a morbid sense of humor today?' Hmmmmm, well, sure, I suppose so, what the heck. So she proceeds to tell me that Mandy and her daughter Amber were playing in the pool. Apparently they were roughhousing and Amber did something that Mandy found offensive. Mandy, being Mandy, felt the need to tell her and proceeds to spew off this little pearl of wisdom, in a very adamant voice, "Amber, stop doing that. If you make me hit my head on the side of the pool, crack it open and I die, then my Momma will have to go to another funeral and she just doesn't need that right now."

Well, there ya have it. Leave it to my kid to cut right to the chase. That whole apple doesn't fall far from the tree thing ... may have a point there. :-)

Back to chemo tomorrow. Oh, and my car is ready so I have to turn back in my nice, shiny fancy schmancy loaner car. Darn them for being so efficient.

Thanks for checking on her. Love to all~

No comments: