Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekend, Cliff Notes style

I got to do my very first guest post ever people! Makes me feel all grown up, like. It was more than a little intimidating to know that I was writing for more than just you guys.

Please, go read, please offer some feedback! No rotten tomato throwing allowed, please. I am old and my reflexes are not great and I fear I could not duck fast enough! Anyway, here ya go. Be gentle!
The Diagnosis at 5 Minutes for Special Needs

Mandy had a funky day today. She was complaining of being cold, very tired and some short term memory issues. Oh yea, I can go all kinds of crazy with those things. In all honesty, she is tired. She has been in chemo for darn near a year. Yea, she's tired. There is no blood count reason for it, but she is entitled to some tired.

Alannah is being quite the social butterfly this weekend...birthday party, movies, etc. Apparently there was an attractive young man at the birthday party...I really gotta get on signing her up for nun school.

Zachary is up to his eyeballs in studying for his upcoming audition for High School Musical 2 play. He has been struggling with breaking out in hives the last two days. Poor guy! Think I can get the makers of Benadryl to send me a free case to set next to our Duraflames?

Ronnie left us today for the frigid land of Denmark. I think he may have to wear every single article of clothing he owns all at one time to try to stay warm.

That's all I got ya'll.

Love to all~

2 comments:

Tina said...

I found your story on the 5 minutes for special needs site your words spoke straight to my heart. I too have been there for the diagnosis and because of my daughters incessant alarming of her ventilator (nothing bad, just annoying alarms that buzz all night) I found myself wide awake at 3 AM. So that’s how I stumbled across your blog and I’m very glad I did, I have spent the last hour reading your posts, I have cried many tears, I have also laughed so hard I was almost in tears. The way you are handling this very hard situation is inspiring, even on the bad days it seems you have this infectious Hope. Hope is something you must always have and never lose it, even on the bad days! Mandy is an incredible little angel and I’m so glad I got to meet her through this blog. Your family will be in my prayers,
Tina

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I read your story too ... haven't had enough time to read it fully.
(hugs)
It spoke to my heart too ...having NF1, my 2 yr old, along with many members of my family.