Monday, February 16, 2009

Alrighty, we got prizes and bling and all sorts of things

We have been so touched and humbled and blessed to have an amazing fundraiser being put on to benefit Mandy's Fund. Let me tell you, overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe the emotions we feel as the raffle and auction items keep rolling in. It promises to be an amazing day. One for which, I promise to bring several boxes of tissues as I anticipate I will need them as I get all teary and runny nosed and weepy and overwhelmed out in public rather than in the privacy and comfort of my own home.

When I post pictures of the day, Mandy will be the cute little blonde. I will be the one with the red face, swollen eyes, runny nose and rivers of mascara streaming down my face. Sounds downright purty, no?

It is so hard for us to be on the receiving end of something like this. I have been on the other end, many times for many causes. But this? It's hard. It is humbling to be given this kind of support and love. I have said it before and it will always be true, we will spend the rest of our lives trying to pay forward the kindness, love and generosity shown to our family and no matter what we do or for how long we do it, we will still be in debt.

I hope we will see some of you out at Lithia Springs Elementary this Saturday 2/21 from 10am-2pm. Let me just say....we have some AMAZING silent auction and raffle prizes.

Just a few of the silent auction biggies:

Two tickets to any Tampa Bay Buccaneers home football game in the 2009-10 season AND six VIP all date passes to Bucs training camp. My husband COVETS this prize, lemme tell ya.

A four pack of Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey tickets for the March 17 game against the Toronto Maple Leaves AND a $50 gift certificate to The Columbia Restaurant. You even get Lightning tshirts with this one, ya'll! ROCK ON!!

If you won't be able to attend, but would like to bid on either of these items, please feel free to email me and let me know your bid and I will put it down for you!

We also wanted to offer a few of the raffle items for advance ticket purchase. We have:

$100 gift certificate basket that includes a $50 Target gift card, a $25 Old Navy card and a $25 Starbucks card. Ok, seriously, this? Is just about nirvana!

A brand-spanking-new iPod shuffle. What's not to love?!

If you would like to buy raffle tickets for these they are $1/each and can be paid Paypal style(pursuitgoldens@gmail.com)make sure to note which item you want to be entered in or snail mailed. Contact me if you need that address.

If you would like to participate in any of these we need to receive your entry by Friday 2/20 at noon.

Ok, and last but not least, the bling, baby!!!

We have these absolutely gorgeous black pearl earrings



Really? Are those not delicious??!! We have the appraisal that values these stunning earbobs at $975. They are available as an online only raffle at my friend, Anissa's site. Go to www.hope4peyton.org and check it out, if you are interested.

In non-fundraiser news, my boy child had a huge victory in his budding acting career today! Zachary auditioned for the upcoming play High School Musical 2 at his acting class(the class was a Christmas gift from Grandpa Bill) last week. He found out tonight he got the second lead, Ryan! He is super excited and so proud!! I love to watch him have so much fun and work so hard at something. Just so darned proud of him! Plus? I get to play Crazy Stage Mom again and I have so much fun with that role!

He asked me tonight, "How can I be a child actor, Momma?"

"Well, dude, let's see...you needed to have started a cocaine addiction by age 7 and been dating your 20 year old costar by age 9. Looks like you have aged out of child star status, buddy. Gonna have to wait to be a starving actor until your 20's. Sorry 'bout that."

He will be 10 next month, so dog-gone-it, he has aged out of child actor possibilities. Did you pick up on my oh-so-subtle sarcasm there?

I did, however, take a good 30 minutes to explain the finer points of acceptance speeches and that "I would like to thank my Momma" always comes before "I would like to thank the Academy."

Think he will remember that in about 20 years?

Yea.

Me neither.

A million thanks to all of you who are supporting the fundraiser and loving Mandy and all of us. It means more than any amount of words could ever begin to express.

Love to all~

No comments: