Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shameless Bragging

If you are someone who is offended by people who brag about their kids, you might wanna stop reading. If you think that parents who get all, "Oh, look at this picture/video/trophy of my kid," you might wanna stop reading.

If however you are all in for a hearty game of, "Look how cool my kid is," hang out for a second and watch this. This is Alannah getting a Superior for her viola solo. It is the highest rating you can get if you don't have your piece memorized. Yea, her!! :-)

It was taken with a phone so the sound isn't fabulous, but you get the idea. I am asking Santa for one of those FLIP digital camcorder things for Christmas, though Santa is pretty darn broke this year so I don't see it happening. But in the meantime, here is Alannah Willis and her viola performing, "Telemann Concerto in G Major 2nd Movement."

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome! Look at her fingers FLY!She is becoming the most incredible young lady. Thanks for sharing the video.
Susan Burress

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on the last four entries. First, your speech was amazing - moving and strong. The slumber party looked like so much fun. Of course I am remembering mine and haven't had to host any yet! The description of your Wednesday was incredible and I love that you included pictures of it. And last, but not least, your daughter is amazing with the viola. WOW!
I absolutely love to read your blogs and they are just great especially with all the pictures.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/rileycook
Hugs of love, Andrea