Thursday, May 21, 2009

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

Alannah: "So, Momma, I had the strangest dream last night."

"Yea? What's that?"

Vivid, strange dreams in our house are not all that uncommon. When I was a kid, I once had a nightmare about an escaped tiger that lasted for days, literally. I would go to bed and it would pick up where it left off the night before. It was my own personal hellish "As The Zoo Turns."

As an adult, I always had very vivid dreams that I was pregnant before I had any medical expertise, or even a pee stick to back it up.

And much to my poor husbands chagrin, I have had incredibly vivid dreams in which he has done something wrong....didn't pick up milk at the store, quit his job to chase his dream of becoming a the worlds first combination rock star/monk, got a "belly button massage" from a young woman who made a living in a way that her parents were probably less than thrilled with. Now, I have no earthly idea what the heck a belly button massage is, nor did I witness it in the dream, but lemme tell you, I was one irrationally, ticked off wife when I woke up. As I recall, I threw a pillow at him(which he totally had coming) and made him apologize(which I totally deserved). And because he is the best, (and totally knows what kind of crazy he is married to) he ducked the pillow, gave a semi heartfelt apology and then went back to sleep.

Alannah has inherited the funky dream gene.

"What was the dream about, Bear?

"Well, I came home from school and you were here, in the back yard I mean, with a bunch of friends.... Miss Anissa, Miss Cindy, Mrs Firios....a bunch of your girlfriends were there."

"Saweet! Sounds like a great dream, though I gotta say, not particularly strange."

"Well, see here's the strange part. With you and all your girlfriends, there was a steel drum band. And waiters. And they were serving margaritas. And there was a guy grilling stuff."

Meanwhile, last night, I had a stress dream about balancing the checkbook while in pilates class, suddenly realizing I was late to pick up the kids from school and frantically sprinting out of the Y, clad only in my pilates mat.

Seriously.

Not fair!

Alannah's strange dream so kicks my not-near-as-strange-as-I-would-hope dreams Uranus.
**************************

Chemo was uneventful yesterday. Mandy's counts were good and thankfully, she is feeling better this morning than she was this time last week.

Love to all~

No comments: